Sweet Potato & Kale Salad with Chimichurri Sauce
With black kale one of the few garden items not consumed by rabbits, this looked like a good recipe to try. I made a half recipe with 1 large sweet potato and young kale. The original recipe uses pre-packaged chimichurri sauce for quick assembly but I made my own with a mix of fresh herbs (mint, parsley, oregano) along with garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, wine wine vinegar and olive oil. Even better than it sounds.
- 2¾ lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 5½ oz baby kale greens
- 7 oz chimichurri sauce
- 2 Tbs Dijon whole grain mustard
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Salt & pepper
- Cook sweet potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain and cool for 10 minutes.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.