Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Parmesan
Author: modified from Food52
This is a very tasty way to increase your intake of cruciferous (cabbage family) vegetables. If your diet is dairy-free, then simply omit the parmesan and adjust the salt to taste.
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, shaved or thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, honey, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Set aside.
- Trim all of the Brussels sprouts, slice thinly or use slicing blade of a food processor. Use your fingers to gently separate the leaves so that the shredded sprouts resemble a very fine slaw.
- Put the sprouts into the bowl with dressing and toss gently with the onions. Fold in the parmesan, taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve immediately.